As the Christmas season approaches, we’re bombarded with messages from the world around us. How can we, in Friends meetings and schools, help Quaker families and children celebrate the season in a spirit of joy and simplicity? Join the conversation to share and learn about resources for the holidays with your Quaker religious education colleagues.
After registration you will receive an email with information to log into the conversation.
- How do we approach these celebrations as Friends?
- What can we share with RE colleagues from our experiences?
- What can we share with families in our communities?
- Christmas Light: Seeking the Spirit of the Season
- Presence in the Midst: Preparing for Christmas — from Wichita Friends School
- Advent With Friends: A Journey to Christmas
- A Friendly Exploration of Resources for Advent and the Coming of Christmas
- Heartland Friends Meeting Christmas Story (an interactive version of the Nativity, based on the Godly Play stories for Advent)
- A Multicultural Representation of the Baby Jesus — lesson and children’s book resources
- “Nativity for the Modern Age”
- Also shared in GoogleDocs by Kennett Meeting (PhYM): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yNkMzmbHspAuiqQKz3KTVB9i0h8M164YS6WCeMr7su8/edit
- Singing the Christmas Story
- Unplug the Christmas Machine — book by Jo Robinson and Jean Coppock Staeheli with tips to simplify and deepen Christmas
- Christmas Programs with a Twist — a collection of plays by Elinor Briggs (PhYM)
Questions? Resources to share? Email Sita at QuakerCollaborative4RE@gmail.com