Walking with the Bible – Winter 2021 Series
We will have a chance to hear what role the Bible plays in each of these Friends’ lives and to hear what approaches to the Bible they find work in their personal practice and group settings. We will then spend some time listening to and reflecting together on a passage that is rising for our guest leader.
This will be a participatory event with a chance to let God speak to our hearts through the Bible — and to share what we are hearing with each other in small breakout groups and in the group as a whole. This is an opportunity to learn from and spend time with a variety of Friends for whom the Bible provides a doorway to the living Spirit. Welcoming to all whatever your previous experience is with the Bible! Friends are welcome to attend single sessions or the whole series.
The sessions will run from 4-5:15pm Eastern Time (USA) on the second Sunday of the month. The Zoom room will be open anytime after 3:45pm to settle in and get any tech assistance needed. There will be an optional informal Q&A discussion from 5:15 to 5:30pm.
Dates and Guest Leaders
- Sunday, February 14: Katie Breslin
- Sunday, March 14: Regina Renee Ward
Cost: Pay-as-led. Give any amount that feels right to you, either by selecting one of the suggested amounts or entering a custom amount in the space provided.
- $15 – Suggested standard rate for one session (or $40 for series of all 3 sessions)
- $35 – Suggested supporter rate per session—helps others attend and supports the presenters and host organizations (or $100 for series)
- $5 – Suggested reduced rate for all three sessions (or $10 for series)
- Attend for free: Email email@example.com to reserve your place for free if that is what works for you. We do not ask for proof of income.