In the Christmas season, we consider how to celebrate in the manner of Friends:
- How do we approach this season as Friends?
- What can we share with Quaker religious education colleagues from our experience?
- What can we share with families in our communities?
We offer the following resources in hopes that you will use them, create others and share the wonder of this season in First Day School and beyond in your meeting, church or school.
- Christmas Light: Seeking the Spirit of the Season
- Presence in the Midst: Preparing for Christmas — from Wichita Friends School
- Advent with Friends: A Journey to Christmas
- A Friendly Exploration of Resources for Advent and the Coming of Christmas
- Heartland Friends Meeting Christmas Story (an interactive version of the Nativity, based on the Godly Play stories for Advent)
- Singing the Christmas Story
- Plays for the Christmas Holidays, by Nancy Pickering, Middletown Friends Meeting (PYM)
- A Multicultural Representation of the Baby Jesus — lesson and children’s book resources
- “Nativity for the Modern Age”
- Also shared by Kennett Meeting (PhYM):
- Christmas Programs with a Twist — a collection of plays by Elinor Briggs (PhYM)
- Unplug the Christmas Machine — book by Jo Robinson and Jean Coppock Staeheli with tips to simplify and deepen Christmas
Please post here in the comment section* or on the QREC Facebook page to share further questions and ideas about how we can create a Friendly season of wonder, peace, hope and joy! To share a suggested resource, please send to QuakerCollaborative4RE@gmail.com.