In the season of Christmas and festivals of light, we consider how to celebrate in the manner of Friends:
- How do we approach this season as Friends?
- What can we share with Quaker religious education colleagues from our experience?
- What can we share with families in our communities?
These resources are offered in hopes that you will use them, create others and share the wonder of this season in First Day School and beyond in your meeting, church or school.
- Christmas Light: Seeking the Spirit of the Season, from Wellesley Friends Meeting
- Reverse Advent for Friends: A spiritual discipline of reaching out, by Melinda Wenner Bradley, Faith & Play Stories™
- The Light: A Story for December, by Melinda Wenner Bradley, Faith & Play Stories™
- Plays for the Christmas Holidays, by Nancy Pickering, Middletown Friends Meeting (PYM)
- Christmas Programs with a Twist, by Elinor Briggs, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM)
- Holiday Traditions at Birmingham Friends Meeting, by Sallie B. Jones, Birmingham (PA) Meeting (PYM)
- That Baby in the Manger, by Anne E. Neuberger
- Refuge: The Timeless Story of Christmas, by Anne Booth
- What Color was Baby Jesus’ Hair? Representing the Christ Multiculturally, by Alexis Chin
- Unplug the Christmas Machine, by Jo Robinson and Jean Coppock Staeheli with tips to simplify and deepen Christmas
Please post on the QREC Facebook page to share further questions and ideas about how we can create a Friendly season of wonder, peace, hope and joy! To suggested a resource, please send to email@example.com.