This curriculum enables Friends to explore central tenets in the shared life of a Friends Meeting. Topics include:
- Quakerism as an adventure in direct, unmediated, ongoing guidance by Spirit.
- Exploring our faith with each other.
- Deepening worship — how we can cultivate gathered meeting and spirit-led ministry.
- Corporate discernment — deepening our capacity to be led by Spirit together during meeting for business in an open-hearted search for unity.
- Meeting as “beloved community” — how to increase our capacity to share with each other in mutual trust, vulnerability, accountability, & love.
The course was developed by Peter Blood Patterson, who has been leading Friends retreats and adult religious education courses for many years. He carries a leading to teach and write under the care of Mt. Toby (MA) Meeting. There is an adaptation of this curriculum intended for use in pastoral meetings called “Deepening Church Life.” For more information contact Peter: email@example.com
Earlier version of the course, Quaker Basics
Download the Curriculum
Author: Peter Blood Patterson
Publisher: Peter Blood Patterson
Preparation Time: 1.00
Related File: Click to view/download file
Related Link (or File): Click to go to link
Topics: Centering, Community, Faith & Practice, Meditation & Centering, Meeting for Business, Peace Testimony, Quaker Faith & Practice, Quaker History, Quaker Process, Quaker Values, Quakerism Intro, Sharing, Simplicity, Social Action, Social Justice, Spiritual Journeys, Stewardship, Testimonies, Theology, Welcoming