This curriculum enables Friends to explore central tenets in the shared life of a Friends Meeting. Topics include:
- Quakerism as an adventure in direct, unmediated, ongoing guidance by Spirit.
- Exploring our faith with each other.
- Deepening worship — how we can cultivate gathered meeting and spirit-led ministry.
- Corporate discernment — deepening our capacity to be led by Spirit together during meeting for business in an open-hearted search for unity.
- Meeting as “beloved community” — how to increase our capacity to share with each other in mutual trust, vulnerability, accountability, & love.
The course was developed by Peter Blood Patterson, who has been leading Friends retreats and adult religious education courses for many years. He carries a leading to teach and write under the care of Mt. Toby (MA) Meeting. For more information contact Peter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earlier version of the course, Quaker Basics
Download the Curriculum
Author: Peter Blood Patterson
Publisher: Peter Blood Patterson
Preparation Time: 1.00
Related File: Click to view/download file
Related Link (or File): Click to go to link
Topics: Centering, Community, Faith & Practice, Meditation & Centering, Meeting for Business, Peace Testimony, Quaker Faith & Practice, Quaker History, Quaker Process, Quaker Values, Quakerism Intro, Sharing, Simplicity, Social Action, Social Justice, Spiritual Journeys, Stewardship, Testimonies, Theology, Welcoming